Friday 12 March 2010

Sadly not quite finished...

Not quited finished as time ran out.

I enjoyed the modeling but not so much the UVing and ligting. The lighting sadly isn't very good as it takes ages to render to see what the lighting looks like so much scene looks quite flat as the shadows wouldn't show through the fog. I also had othere rendering problems in which Maya told me there wasn't enough memeory in which it then told my computer to turn itself off. This will teach me a lesson in keeping polgon count low and try and use as low as possible texture resoultions as it all effects memeory and rendering. I enoyed learning the things needed for my scene like shader glows, fog and alpaha channels. I also found the combination of having both Maya and Photoshop open = very slow because of Photoshop's memory leaks. If I had used a lowwer amout of polygons and not so huge textures, I would have had more time to tweak my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment